jessyka's escape and an explanation for those of you who aren't amused...

hey kids!

so, after the handcuffing/belt as a necklace fiasco, chris and kyle got the
fabulous idea of mummifying me.  unfortunately, they had no saran wrap, so
they used the blanket on chris' bed and wrapped up my legs, tying it together
with a belt.  a horrifying experience, as you can imagine!  they had undone
the handcuffs (since i was handcuffed to chris and, as i was playing with
them, i kept hurting him, they let *me* go), so when they left the room to
rummage their apartment for a camera and film, i hopped out of the blanket
and made my getaway!

thank you for all of you concerned listees who were so worried about my
wellbeing.  ysobelle, the wonderful, the fair, even called chris' phone to
make sure i was ok.

heather...you're hysterical...i would love to try cross-stitching while
handcuffed to a bed...

and for all of you who did not catch the humor in this at all...let me quote
dar williams...

"so, the christians and the pagens sat together at the table,
finding faith and common ground the best that they were able."

one of the things that many of us forget is that over the rhine attracts a
vast variety of people, including those who *do not* believe in jesus.  i've
always been amazed at the differing beliefs intermingled.  unfortunately,
though, talk about jesus and the bible has seemed to be predominating our
conversations lately...i don't have a problem with jesus (don't believe in
him as the son of god, but i believe he was an awesome guy with a bunch of
great ideas), but sometimes there are other things to talk about.  like
radiohead.  and moulin rouge.  and stuff like that.

so, don't necessarily *stop* talking about jesus, just remember that, if we
are to culivate and accept all walks of life and all beliefs, we also have to
accept the fact that there's *me* (even if there isn't anyone else) who
doesn't believe.

and to peter...who mentioned the lead character in moulin rouge...*sticking
her tongue out at him*  so there!  :)

btw...being kidnapped was fun!  i hope i have time to get rekidnapped this
weekend!  :)

*hugz and kisses*
jessyka