Re: karin, poles, trilogies, and machines

> > So Jesus isn't exactly saying that specks and planks should stay where
> > they are.  You *can* remove the speck from your brother's eye.  Just
> > make absolutely sure that you haven't got any planks in your own,
> > first.
>
> Are we capable in this life of ever removing the plank from our eye?

On our own?  No, I don't think so.  With regard to this particular saying,
I hear Jesus telling us that we need to rely on each other -- that we
can't help others unless we humble ourselves and ask for their help first.

So, judging, yes, of a sort.  But judgmentalism, no, resoundingly.

> > So in some contexts, judging is good, but in others, it is bad, I
> > guess.
>
> Actually, what you need to do is take these passages in context.

Yes, hence my use of the word "contexts", actually.  :)