Re: moulin rouge

> In this case, added
> to the fact that neither Ewan nor Nicole actually
> sing, the whole thing
> comes off as a very elaborate Disney on Ice show,
> and I urge anyone who is
> looking for more than pure circus glamour, which
> Luhrman has in Spades, to
> av oid this film at all costs.
> 	 Save you $9.75 or whatever and wait for something
> worthwhile.

Actually, both Ewan and Nicole sang the material in
this movie, albeit pre-recorded in a sound studio.
Ewan's voice comes through pure and true and I believe
if I'm not mistaken, he has done extensive work as a
vocalist prior to his film career.  Nicole sounds
great in the movie as well although it does sound like
they may have tinkered with her's in the studio a bit
more.  At any rate the film is definitely worth 9.75
or the 5.00 I paid for the matinee. ;)

Max

P.S. I enjoyed both "Memento" and "Bridget Jones" as
well so I do agree there.  "Shrek" was also
entertaining just for the stabs at Disney.