pittsburgh concert in review. :)

hey kids!  last night was the pittsburgh show at rosebud, and all i can say
is wow!  i'm leaving as soon as i finish this (and take a shower) to drive
four hours to the toledo show, it was that good.  of course, i've been in
such a servere depressive state for the past week that seeing over the rhine
was the first time i've been able to smile consistantly...i need that high
again.  it's definitely worth driving eight hours today...

anyway, i met brian (gardner) there, and we had comfy couches up by the front
of the stage.  it was great...comfy couches, a waitress to bring us food!
spectacular!  anyway, we were talking about things, since we haven't seen
each other in several years, when i saw a guy with glasses and a big ole
japanese animation shirt, who absolutely *had* to be matt.  i called to him
and introduced myself, and it turned out that he and his friend joe
(non-lostee...i think it's so funny that my typo years ago still is used!)
were sitting at a little table with comfy chairs right behind us!  the four
of us began talking, and it was really cool.  we didn't know where twila was,
though...but when matt described her (tall blond with taller husband) i
looked immediately behind matt and saw someone that i thought might be her.
she then, two seconds later, came up to us and asked matt if he was on the
list...inadvertantly, all of us listees had been sitting together anyway!
talk about coincidence!  twila and husband bill drove in from maryland to see
otr!  how about their dedication!  :)

i think the best comment of the night was when joe said, "wow, i thought i
knew what *perky* meant, but i really didn't."  matt wanted the waitress to
bring me a sedative.  *pout*  :)

the opening act was rose somebody...she was good, but i wasn't all that
impressed.  brian said he liked her words, but not the music.  there was one
song for which i would have completely bought her album...if i hadn't bought
another nifty otr tank top!  :)

anyway, otr came out, and karin was stunning, as always, in knee length
leather boots, a black skirt with a design of flowers on the one side, and a
simple black tank top.  linford was wearing a bright orange shirt (which i
honestly think he wore to the show in december), and his hair was looking
slightly disheveled, making him even more attractive.  *sigh*  jack was
wearing a form fitting shiny green shirt, which i didn't notice under his
jacket until goodbye, when he took it off.  wow...that shirt made him look
*really* hot!  :)

anyway...the setlist (with commentary) is as follows...

1.)  when i go:  having never listened to _ffr_ all the way through, i didn't
know the name of this one.  i had to ask matt.  and when i told the three
guys to let me know if they wanted to add anything for my review, brian told
me to write "brian's really cute."
2.)  The World Can Wait:  YAY!  we were talking about this song earlier, and
how this should be the song the label is pushing...it's a better song than
*strength*, but what do record labels know?  the waitress had just brought me
a piece of cheesecake layered with peanuts and chocolate and fun things like
that, and when karin started her incredible wail, i was in absolute heaven.
karin absolutely rocks my world (i have a lot of comments like this, btw).
matt says, "i love the way that ended!"
3.)  If Nothing Else:  i noticed that jack does really strange body
contortions when he plays.  lol  but at least we can see he's enjoying
himself...he looked bored during *when i go* until his guitar solo.  and matt
and i decided that karin gets an A for diction tonight...
4.)  Faithfully Dangerous:  yummy.  i would love to hear them completely redo
all of the songs on _gdbd_ like this...it would make life so much more
interesting.  my seat is vibrating from the bass...that's interesting.  brain
says, "did you mention the word *sensuous* a lot?"
5.)  Fairpoint Diary:  not a fan of this song on the cd...it's much more
poignant in real life.  :)
6.)  I Radio Heaven:  she mentions how they write lots of songs about radios
and brian yells, "yay, like a radio!"  she just smiles and they go into the
song.  this is another one of the songs i'm not quite familiar with yet...i
think the mix is slightly off, though, for the beginning...when karin is
singing in her lower register, it's harder to understand.
7.)  Little Blue River/Hymn:  YAY toast!  :)  i love linford.  *sigh*  what
hymn is this anyway?

i miss bink!  i know this is random, but i thought it here, so i put it here.
 hi, bink!

8.)  Birds:  oh my goodness!  that's about all i can say.  thank you,
shannon, for warning me about this in one of your posts, but oh my gosh!  the
best adjective i can think of is orgasmic (brian thought it was boring until
jack came in...)  matt leaned over and asked me "was it good for you?"
ps...matt does *not* fit into an unattractive listee theory, and neither does
steve, and jillian, i've never seen you, but i'm sure you don't either.  so
there!
9.)  Moth:  ok, my dream is to sing back up for karin...just once...linford,
if you're reading this, i'll do anything!
10.)  Latter Days:  this is my crying song...brian and i always cry at this
song, and tonight they don't fail us.  *sigh*  i hate to cry.  oh, well.
before starting they talk about how _gdbd_ got them a lot of places, and
brian yells, "yeah, like the x-files."  karin laughes and says she's still
working on meeting david duchovney.

someone calls out for jack's valentine...like that's going to happen.  once
karin started talking on stage, linford became strangely silent...

11.)  All I Need Is Everything:  joe was talking about how much he likes this
song earlier...this one's for him.
12.)  she introduces the group...they were awesome!  congrats to jack and
hazel on their baby!  they then go into *my love is a fever*  not a favorite
of mine, but done very, very well.  all i want to know is how someone (karin)
who usually looks like such an angel look so devlish!
13.)  Goodbye!:  YAY YAY YAY!  my favorite!  i absolutely love this song, but
i do miss the harmonies.  i miss terri a lot (hair up for jg).  matt just
said afterwards "that was amazing"
Encore:  Strength:  wow...the bass is amazing!  i feel like i'm in the
somatron (the music therapy chair at school).  they sang/played part of "if
i'm drowning" in strength, which made it all the better!

so, that was the concert.  it was phenomenal!  and i'm going to get
directions to the venue in toledo and head on the road in a bit.  i should be
studying for my anatomy and physiology test, but i have all day tomorrow to
do it, right?

if anyone is going to be there, come say hi.  i'll be the girl sitting all
alone, long red hair, glasses, probably cross stitching.  :)

*hugz and kisses*
jessyka