Re: Bill Maher rocks my little world.

----- Original Message -----
From: Matthew Mesina <soberman_69 at hotmail_com>
To: <Ysobelle at aol_com>; <Over-the-Rhine at actwin_com>
Sent: Friday, June 01, 2001 1:08 PM
Subject: Re: Bill Maher rocks my little world.

> One final nail in this coffin??
>

> Ysobelle at aol_com says:
> >
> >I love his show. I love the fact that he speaks his mind, he's a liberal
in
> >a world of conservatives, and he's well-read, intelligent, and fierce.
i disagree with both of these statements (don't hate me). . . i don't think
anyone liberal is in a sea of conservatives, especially on tv or on that
coast.  i also find it hard to believe that he is well-read, because that
usually broadens the mind, and i don't think BM'm noggin is very wide.

> >I saw him on Larry King the other night, and he was talking about how he
> >realized how much he was letting his loathing of Dubbya colour his
> >commentary, and he realized he'd have to step back. I think that's pretty
> >impressive to admit that in public and not cover everything with a thick
> >coat of defensiveness.

Agreed.  that is impressive.

i used to watch him faithfully.  after going through 3 years of (narrower
than a straw) closed-minded Bible college in Dallas, i was starving for
something that actually made me think.  I was using BM and George magazine
to "keep me on my toes"  but i finally got fed up with the same,
ridiculously dogmatic blonde "conservative Christian" girl that PI kept
inviting back to be that voice.  I haven't seen him in quite a while,
actually.  i miss bill.\