Re: karin, poles, trilogies, and machines

Hey friends,

The prolific Kelvin said, in regard to churches like my own sister's and the
like:
> > << They don't scare me, they just hack me off.  I
> > think
> >  they are chiefly responsible for the hacked-up
> >  of Christianity held by the Bill Mahers of the
> > world.
> >  Well...that and the fact that Bill Maher is an
> >  ignorant, pretentious nightmare of a gene pool.
> >
> > And what about those kind of comments?  As a
> > follower of Christ, Maher's comments
> > often make me really, really mad.  But insulting him
> > back is just jumping
> > down to his level, no?
>
>No.  BM is a comedian. Not a politician. Not a
>particularly learned man. Not a good debater. The only
>reason he has his platform is that he was a fairly
>recognizable comedian.  He uses that platform to
>constantly rant and rave against anything and anyone
>he thinks he doesn't like.  His main problem is that
>he NEVER LISTENS.  He just goes flap flap flap
>constantly on and on about things he pretends to know
>but can't possibly understand because he NEVER
>LISTENS.  As such, any comment he makes is made from a
>head that has no clue about the issues other than what
>he has already decided in his comedian head.  His
>views on Christianity (as well as those on any number
>of things) have no facts, no research, no clear
>rationality behind them.  Only the impressions he has
>running around in his mind.
>My comment, however, was based on watching him,
>studying him, trying to find discernable patterns, and
>coming to the conclusion that - although there are
>those all to rare times when he seems squared away -
>he doesn't listen, doesn't learn, carries extreme
>prejudices, is too often hateful and arrogant, and is
>basically not worthy of the platform he has lucked
>into.

You go Kelvo!  This is so accurate, I can't add anything.  Well, two things:
this notion that Christians have no right to judge is silly when the Bible
clearly lays out a set of standards by which we are instructed (hence the
term "bible") to hold ourselves and others to.  It happens to be a set of
standards which is highly indicative of the fact that Billy-boy is a vacuous
fool.  Finally, did you see when Alan Keyes (the man!) was on?  He wouldn't
let Maher get a word in!  It was a classic moment in the history of
television- AK wrested control of the program from Maher's unworthy hands!
A few months later, a black republican cited Mr. Keyes, and Maher
disdainfully retorted that he (Mr. Keyes, for those who may spew milk) was
"insane."  What greater proof of what you've written above could I possibly
offer?

Okay, one more thing that strikes me just now...he didn't "luck" into this
platform.  BM (which also stands for "bowel movement", btw) was given this
forum to air his controversial opinions 'cause they are that-controversial.
Ratings are more important than the pursuit of truth.  Plus, the skewed
panels indicate the show's producers have an agenda, and Maher no doubt is
the perfect mouthpiece.  (read: MOUTHYpiece)

Brad C, this is not meant to be confrontational, but do you fancy yourself
to be an admirer of the work of Bishop Spong?  Just wondering...

Matt

n.p. New Cowboy Junkies on wyep fm (Is that Karin singing backup?)