Re: karin, poles, trilogies, and machines

--- AKMS19 at aol_com wrote:
> Daylight Time,
> prestokelvo at yahoo_com writes:
>
> << They don't scare me, they just hack me off.  I
> think
>  they are chiefly responsible for the hacked-up
>  of Christianity held by the Bill Mahers of the
> world.
>  Well...that and the fact that Bill Maher is an
>  ignorant, pretentious nightmare of a gene pool.
>
> And what about those kind of comments?  As a
> follower of Christ, his comments
> often make me really, really mad.  But insulting him
> back is just jumping
> down to his level, no?

No.  BM is a comedian. Not a politician. Not a
particularly learned man. Not a good debater. The only
reason he has his platform is that he was a fairly
recognizable comedian.  He uses that platform to
constantly rant and rave against anything and anyone
he thinks he doesn't like.  His main problem is that
he NEVER LISTENS.  He just goes flap flap flap
constantly on and on about things he pretends to know
but can't possibly understand because he NEVER
LISTENS.  As such, any comment he makes is made from a
head that has no clue about the issues other than what
he has already decided in his comedian head.  His
views on Christianity (as well as those on any number
of things) have no facts, no research, no clear
rationality behind them.  Only the impressions he has
running around in his mind.
My comment, however, was based on watching him,
studying him, trying to find discernable patterns, and
coming to the conclusion that - although there are
those all to rare times when he seems squared away -
he doesn't listen, doesn't learn, carries extreme
prejudices, is too often hateful and arrogant, and is
basically not worthy of the platform he has lucked
into.

Thanks for asking.

Kelvin

=====
"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy that sustained him during temporary periods of joy."
                               -- W.B. Yeats