Re: Canal Street Vingt

MGN,

I agree wholeheartedly with almost all of what you said in your review.  We
(my little group of OtR followers) list Canal Street as #1 followed by
Moonlight Gardens.  We also rank FilmsFR right up there with GDBD which is
always a debate on this list.

As you know, we waited too long to get tickets, but our persistance paid off
and everyone in our group eventually scored a ticket one at a time between
6:30 and 9:30.  Imagine my surprise to enter Canal St at 9:30 and find that
the others had saved me a seat right next to your table!  So, you know I had
a good seat.

As the size has been referenced, you know there are no bad seats at Canal St.
 Just good ones and the best ones.

Sound:  While I enjoy bass, this was also much too heavy, as even agreed by
me bass player friend who hardly ever hears too much bass.  Karins voice was
under mixed and I also miss the little piano every time.

When I saw your write-up of the set list I was disappointed when I saw
Rhapsodie at the end with Kand L because we left and didn't hear that.  We
clapped but the house music had come back on so we left (along with everyone
else) so for a minute I thought you had stuck around and got your own private
show - but then as I read on, I realized how it actually went down.  Too bad,
eh?

Do you really like that berber on stage?  I miss the attitude of the area
rugs.  Maybe they can put them back on top. . .

Linford wore those glasses at "Little Brothers" in COL.  They are the ones
from the album cover.

Just wanted to share in some of your sentiments - glad to meet you under
different circumstances!

 - - - The guy in the blue truck.