Re: coupland

In my opinion Coupland's past his prime ... Gen X, Shampoo
Planet, Life After God and Microserfs are all sheer genius but
Polaroids from the Dead marked the beginning of a decline for him.
I could forgive him that one since it was a collection of essays etc
and not intended to be published as a book, but I'm pretty
unimpressed by Girlfriend in a Coma and Miss Wyoming.

Todd.

> Date: Sat, 12 May 2001 07:37:42 -0700 (PDT)
> From: "J. Marie Hall" <fionaeval at yahoo_com>
> Subject: Re: el microserf
>
> [re: douglas coupland]
>
> > favorite author, in fact, bordering on obsession.  i
> > have all of his works (minus city of glass, which is
> > only available in canada) and all of them are signed
> > by the man himself.
>
> how'd you swing that?? :)
>
> > final story in life after God - 1,000 Years (Life
> > After God). i've even adapted it for the stage.
>
> that sounds neat...have you presented it yet?
>
> "life after god" is the one i read a couple of months
> ago.  i just bought "shampoo planet" to read next.
> from the little i currently know, i agree that he is
> amazing.  i haven't been able to put his stuff down,
> and a lot of it is the familiarity there.  he has
> great instincts--and makes a very walkable space.
>
> he doesn't mince words.  i also appreciated his not
> being pretentious.  he is a fine thinker but with some
> humility.

The Denver Gentlemen | The Autumns | Matt Hopper | 3" Series

Absalom Recordings is on the web at www.absalomrecordings.com