Re: el microserf

-- "J. Marie Hall" <fionaeval at yahoo_com> wrote:
> so i take it you're a fan of douglas coupland
> (sp?)???

favorite author, in fact, bordering on obsession.  i
have all of his works (minus city of glass, which is
only available in canada) and all of them are signed
by the man himself.  microserfs is probably my
favorite novel of his, though it fluctuates depending
on my mood.  i especially have a special place for the
final story in life after God - 1,000 Years (Life
After God). i've even adapted it for the stage. if
there's anyone out there looking for something to
read, pick up any of his books (though his last one
was his weakest, imho).  his next book, All Families
Are Psychotic is due sometime here soon - maybe before
the end of the summer?  need to check on that.

thanks for letting me talk about my favorite author. Æ

"Now - here is my secret:

	I tell it to you with an openness of heart that I
doubt I shall ever achieve again, so I pray that you
are in a quiet room as you hear these words.  My
secret is that I need God - that I am sick and can no
longer make it alone.  I need God to help me give,
because I no longer seem to be capable of giving; to
help me be kind, as I no longer seem capable of
kindness; to help me love, as I seem beyond being able
to love."
                           Douglas Coupland