Re: Good Moth, Bad Moth

In a message dated 5/11/2001 12:34:36 PM Central Daylight Time,
microserf88 at yahoo_com writes:

stated so eloquently & correctly
that's how i felt, too, and was surprised that listees
thought that the ASR version was the superior version.
i think often times it depends on which you hear
first.  i think our ears (or possibly our hearts) get
attached to what we hear first and we tend to dismiss
later versions as "inferior."  not that that's good or
bad, just an observation i've made.  i've experienced
this a lot in terms of musical recordings - i have
friends who swear by one version, which i feel is
inferior to the one i have.  but because they heard
theirs first, it will always be closest to their
heart.

there's the rub

Mike