Re: Sixpence Non-info / Bjork

Bruce Lachey <b_lachey at hotmail_com> wrote:
> I talked to Dale Baker, the drummer for the 6p
> band and a little upstart from Cincinnati called
> Over the Rind or something.

i heard that they were pretty tasty.  lemon-y,
though.  i prefer orange, and the candied ones
are excellent.

> ...the album release is all in label hands now,
> waiting on a window for release.  and that it's
> out of their hands (matt/leigh included)... It
> seems this behavior of labels is what pisses
> bands off more than anything else, over being
> mishandled, mismarketed, etc...

yeah.  hence the urge to put out stuff themselves.
prince, ani difranco, courtney love, kevin moore
and a veritable multitude of others... why "go
pro" when you can put out what you want, when you
want it?  sure, there's benefits of labels (money,
advertising), but there are also other elements
that make working with a label hard on bands who
want to get their music out...

there is so much lagtime.  albums in the can, but
sitting due to "not the right time."  argh... i
want new bjork.  her new album has fallen to this
problem of bad time for the label... the album was
done shortly after the _selmasongs_ EP came out,
but it *had* to be 9 months after that to not hurt
sales.  then it got pushed back from may 2001 to
the fall.

i am glad that radiohead are putting out a new CD
only 6 months after the last one.  that's cool...
but no bjork...  :(

argh,
Dan

np: sinead o'connor - the lion and the cobra