Re: perfect c.d.'s with INVALUABLE advice

Tobi and all you beautiful, musical people,

>From: "Tobi" <Tapehead at gmx_de>
>
>Pedro the Lion - Winners never Quit and The only Reason...
>King's X - Please come Home, Mr. Bulbous, Dogman, Ear Candy
>Radiohead - OK Computer
>Dream Theater - Scenes From a Memory
>Tourniquet - Microscopic View...
>Daniel Amos - Songs of the heart
>Silverchair - Neon Ballroom
>The Violet Burning - self titled
>Poor Old Lu - A picture of the eighth wonder
>Atomic Opera - Gospel Cola
>OTR - Patience, GDBD, Amateur Shortwave Radio
>Fleming & John - The Way we are

Its interesting to note that I have CDs by all of the artists you've listed,
except for Radiohead, which I like. Furthermore, I tend to like slightly
different CDs by these artists more, which is telling.  Everything finds
different things in the same music.  (Hence the endless deabates on lists
such as this.)   For example, I find "Gretchen" to be K'sX at the height of
their powers.  "Sin" is my top Poor Old Lu, and I tend to prefer "Kalhoun"
by Daniel Amos.

If you like "Neon Ballroom" why not try 10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1 by Midnight
Oil.  This CD spent over two years in the Austrailian top forty, became an
undisputed instrumental classic of Oz rock, and lauched the career of
producer Nick Launay.  It is Oils BC, but not really offensive to
conservatve ears.  (Any Oils is a worthy addition to such a list IMHO.)

How about the Prayer Chain's "Shawl", Mortal's "Fathom", The Choir's
"Speckled Bird", Adam Again's "Perfecta", Paul Simon's "Graceland",
Starflyer 59's "Everybody makes Mistakes", Saviour Machine's first, Ben
Harper's "The Will to Live",  and Sixteen  Horsepower's "Sackcloth and
Ashes"?  Anyone remember a metal band called Warrior and their eighties opus
"Fighting for the Earth"?

I also dig Vol, Sixpence, Emmylou Harris and Bruce Cockburn, who've been
mentioned.  I think BCB'S Christmas CD is the all time greatest to not
feature "'O, Holy Night."

Also, go to http://www.ghostwriters.com.au  to read the lyrics to "Second
Skin", listen to clips, and order a CD from Midnight Oil's world class
drummer that REALLY deals with issues of faith and devotion in an honest
way.  Oh, and it is a complete and utter masterpiece.

BTW, I push OtR on the Oils list all the time.  We were discussing Servant
there the same time this list was, and I'd never heard about it prior.
Strange.  Plus, the guy wo mentioned them lives in Ohio, goes to C-Stone,
and owns no OtR CDs.  Yikes!  Stranger still...

burnin' the midnight oil,

Matt