Re: U2

"Peter T. Chattaway" wrote:

>Generally speaking, I don't care *what* a person's political views are if
>they don't affect the art.  And if they *do* affect the art, well, it
>depends, then, on *how* it affects the art.

i think i understand your point.  but music is art and isn't the whole point
of art a creative way of expressing one's subjective view of the tangible
world?  and so much of one's view of the world (like it or not) is at least
somewhat connected to political views.  now, i'd agree there's a difference
between weaving your thoughts on things into your art vs. blatantly
propositioning them to the masses.  but where do you draw the line between
disagreement to the point of not wanting to patronize or is it possible to
just block out that part of the message?  what do you think?

still working on this one,
j.