RE: beatles

I'll agree with Peter and Mr. Emery here and suggest _Revolver_. My second
choice would probably be _Abbey Road_ (sorry, Chris!). _Revolver_ is a good
choice since all of the songs are "accessible," but not nearly as poppy as
the earlier stuff. Many of the songs you'll know from the radio ("Taxman,"
"Octopus's Garden"), and it's also quite a diverse collection. "Octopus,"
for some reason, is one of my favoritest songs -- something about the
boppiness of it just hits me :) _Sgt. Pepper_ and TWA are also great
choices, but if you don't want to get into too much "wierdness" yet...

On a side thought, some years back I remember seeing a quote by Linford
about "perfect albums." I think _Revolver_ was on his list -- I agree. It
may not be their best album, per se, but it is what I would call a "perfect"
album. All good or great songs from start to finish with no weak ones (a
difficult feat and one that no OTR record has achieved, IMHO). Maybe a new
thread?...

Time for more coffee.

dave