Re: U2

(snip)

> --- Scott Ulrich <ulrichsd at hotmail_com> wrote:
> >
> > By the way do people feel that it is OK for bands to
> > push issues with their
> > music?  Has any of these caused people not to listen
> > to a certain band?  For
> > example, like when E. Vedder drew "Pro-choice" on
> > his arm with a marker?

i don't mind anymore than if someone asked me about my opinion.

.  What I mind is
> when they act as if, becaues of the fact that they're
> famous with a national or worldwide platform, that
> somehow makes them more qualified to speak to an
> issue.  This has hacked me off countless times.  (Not
> to say that there aren't some who actually are very
> knowledgeable.  Most are just doofusses.)
> I also hate when they claim to speak for me when, fact
> is, most of them don't live in the real world and
> haven't for a while and therefore haven't got a clue.
> Case in point: Barbara Streisand, who I utterly

remember a few years ago when she called for a boycott of colorado, and
specifically aspen,  because colorado ruled that there would be no special
privileges for homosexuals.  i lived in vail and they still hate her for
that.
ken