Re: U2

--- Lara Conrad <laraaustin at yahoo_com> wrote:

> When GDBD first came out ~ was that late 1995 or
> early 1996 or something ~
> the album was reviewed in CCM magazine. I can't
> remember what was said, but
> I recall being a bit surprised. From my experience
> and at that time, CCM
> tended to be overly conservative (in my opinion) and
> I was perplexed at
> their inclusion of a band whose most recent album
> before GDBD had one of
> those dreaded and hell-condemning four-letter words
> in it.  (And I don't
> mean 'slut.')

In either '89 or '90 there was an issue of CCM that
reviewed both "the ocean blue" and "the innocence
mission"... debut albums by both.  I bought both
albums based solely on the review (no napster at the
time...lol) and have been a HUGE fan of both since.
Just some added thought to this whole thing.

Max