Re: U2

Well, I discovered OtR many moons ago when they ran a review for "Patience"
in CCM.  Brian Quincy Newcomb was the author, if memory serves.
CCM tries to cover the indie scene as much as they feel they can afford to,
just like any other mainstream music mag.  Their being "overly" conservative
is a direct result of their target market. Still, they once ran an article
debating the sexual imagery in that "love cocoon" song by VoL, which
suggests an open mindedness greater than the most zealous of "conservative"
Christians.  Also, I think people involved in the arts tend to be slightly
more liberal than those involved in "regular" ministry, and this includes
those involved in the retail and media facets of the arts, in addition to
the actual artists.  I guess they don't call 'em "liberal" arts for nothing!