Re: Xian music

In a message dated 5/5/01 5:58:32 PM Central Daylight Time, Julie0H at aol_com
writes:

>I think that the saddest part about this
>is that God is really not glorified by
>this kind of music.

Sorry, but I have to de-lurk to comment that I can't believe I'm the only
one who thinks this is a startlingly judgemental statement...or the only
one who would venture to say so. Now I'm no fan of cookie-cutter CCM, not
by any stretch of the imagination. But wow! Who appointed you the Official
Authority on What Glorifies God?

Again, sorry, not trying to be rude -- I'm just a little stunned, that's
all. Wow.
Am I alone, here?

I agree.  Who are any of you to say what God is or isn't glorified by?  Isn't
that the type thing that only God can be a judge of?  Did you just have a
personal conversation with God where he told you that the 'CCM' type of
'christian' music does not glorify him.  Who are you people to say whether or
not the people on the CCM label really love God and are trying to glorify him
through the music they sing.  Even if the writer is just writing a bunch of
empty words, did you ever stop to think that maybe their music might be
uplifting to other people?  Say, my parents, or my sister or my aunt...  Did
you ever think about things like that?  I personally don't like the type of
music and go more for the 'underground christain' type of stuff.  But, I'm
not going to say that the music that I may personally find cheesy or silly
might not be uplifting to other people.  That's all I have.

Robin