Re: Saturday morning rant

In a message dated 5/5/2001 9:30:14 AM Central Daylight Time,
prestokelvo at yahoo_com writes:

I just have this nagging question in my tired little
brain.  Why is it okay for others to make common use
of words and phrases that they know might be offensive
to some (F***, God and Jesus tossed around like last
weeks cabbage, yourmothersac*nt,...) but my using the
word "gay" one time gets me reprimanded.  Don't
misunderstand me, I will definitely not use that word
again if it's offensive to some.  But will others be
so careful?

Well, Kelvin l agree wholeheartedly!  That's something that l've been
battling with for quite some time.  l have many friends and colleagues who
various sensitivity levels.  As a Christian l try to be as precautious as
possible as to not impair our relationship.  Though on the other hand why
would l want to be friends with someone with whom l cannot be myself and
relaxed?  Then if l stay sheltered how do l grow?  Then when l feel really
saucy, l just say, "What the @#$%!"  l feel like people who are that
sensitive should walk around with head gear to avoid convulsive, seizure-like
l wish l had cajones that large as to not give any regard for anyone. . . eh,
no l don't.  (can you detect how confused this makes me?)

Mike