Re: Before OtR

--- Paul Soupiset <soupiset at toolbox_net> wrote:
> Hey. Paul here. We'll promise to huddle 'round the
> campfire, stay quiet and not poke anyone with our
> marshmallowcoathangers if you promise to tell us
> the story of Linford's pre-Rhine days... I've never heard
> that story before... Pass the graham crackers <blink,
> blink>....

I'm aware of three bands that linford played for pre-OtR.
The first was as the bassist seminal Cinci-area Christian
art rock band Servant. He pulled a stint with them from like
96-88 (me thinks I even saw him perform with them in St
Louis). I remember seeing a band photo with him in it as
they waited in an airport to fly to New Zealand for a tour.
I believe Ric and/or Brian may have been involved with this
incarnation of Servant as well.

Linford may or may not have actually been in a band called
Flock 14 that released one fairly good cd in the late 80's.
That group splintered into two other groups. One called
World Theatre which was fronted by Tim McCallister, who
later produced "Til We Have Faces", and for whom Linford
played bass and had a nice Michael Wilson taken portrait in
the cd's liner notes. The other group was called Human
Condition. They made two cd's, and I don't think Linford
played on it, but he was thanked in the credits. all of this
occured in 89-91... just pre-OtR.... well, actually co-OtR,
but before they released anything. In fact, Linford playing
bass for World Theatre may have been quid pro quo for Tim
producing and recording "Faces".

And Ric did a stint in '90-'91 playing guitar for CCM
chanteuse Margaret Becker on an acoustic tour and video, has
played with Phil Keaggy, produced Nick Giaconia's first cd
under the pseudonymn "Art Monke", and may or may not have
played in Servant with Linford in the late 80's.

=====
Bradley S. Caviness, Bigwig
Bigwig Enterprises

http://www.bigwigenterprises.com

"We're all writing everyday with our lives, whether or not we ever pick up a pen." – Linford Detweiler, Over the Rhine