Re: "A Catch-All Email" or "How I Learned to Love the Bomb..."

> > I'm a total Criterion freak.  Sometimes I buy movies simply because
> > they're Criterion.

A few weeks ago I bought my first Criterion DVDs -- _Monty Python's Life
of Brian_ (deleted scenes! radio ads! two commentary tracks!) and the
recently-rendered-out-of-print _Robocop_ (extra X-rated gore! commentary
track! storyboard-to-film comparison!).  They're pretty groovy, though I
gather Criterion isn't *quite* the seal of quality that it used to be.

I mean, two-disc sets for _Armageddon_ and _The Rock_!?  :)

> So what's some of the better Criterion discs out there and is there a
> good place to get them or they EXPENSIVE wherever ya go?

Nah, they're pretty expensive no matter where you go.  I just ordered the
Criterion editions of _The Last Temptation of Christ_ (US$28) and
_Spartacus_ ($32) through dvdpricesearch.com, and while I don't know what
the latter would be, in Canadian dollars (it just came out today and I
haven't checked the stores), I do know TLToC sells for c. CDN$60.