Re: Jorge Moreno

Hi Jorge!  I would like to say that I am also a new fan and listee of OtR.  I was amazed to read what you wrote because I had the same thoughts the first time I saw OtR.  It was an incredible articulate display of musical artistry.  It was one of those things that from beginning until end, you sit entrawled with awe, unaware of the time or place, and when it was all over you could honestly say that everything, although unchanged, looked so much more beautiful.  I was surprised by this because they were not a "Christian band", yet my focus had never been more directed toward the source of the earth's spin by music.  I really felt how important art is to God.  It reveals so much about Him that could not otherwise be expressed.  I think if anyone should truly relish in art, it should be Christians.  We are such deep individuals, made in His image, and that should not be taken lightly.  It is our own sin that corrupts our depthness; it makes everything callous, dry, and here and now.  When really, everywhere we turn cries out with depth in relation to God.  I understand your annoyance with "Christian" artists.  I personally despise that label because it seems to suggest that the Christian faith is all about jumping through a series of hoops, being in the right circles.  Obviously there are certain forms of art that are not beneficial to us, but this is not to say that secular art cannot also reveal God.  I would be interested if anyone had any thoughts on that?

Okay, sorry if I'm getting off subject with my comments :).  In response to your quest for courage, I would like to recommend a devotional to you:  Experiencing God.  I am in the process of working through this with my small group, and I have found it very eye-opening.  The biggest thing that sort of incapsulates everything is realizing, and it really just hit me in the face, that none of this is about me; it is all about God.  This undertone has affected my thoughts, my worship, my devotions, my stress, my fears...everything.  Once I escape the chains of myself, only then can I experience Him in full wonder, and it is simply beautiful.  Our purpose in life is to give glory to our creator.  God is constantly at work around us, and He invites us to join along side of Him in whatever He is doing.  So if you are afraid about starting a radio station or sharing your music, realize that none of this is pending upon us.  It is God who chooses to use us by grace.  I hope this didn't sound to preachy--I just wanted to share what was on my heart.

Kate