Re: Re: silly rabbit... chum is for kids

>snip< lots of wailing about the state of television/media today.

(Shrug) It doesn't much matter to me. I don't look to mass media for my
morals.

Anyone remember the Dr. Laura crap they called a TV show? (Jan-- remember
hwo pissed off we all got about her getting a show?) The woman cloaks
flaming disrespect in an insulting blanket of what she calls her
religious duty. (Personally, I'm ashamed of her.) The Anti-Defamation
League said no, let her have her show. I couldn't really agree with them,
but I did see the merit in their stance: we can't talk about personal
freedom while trying to censor someone. But in the end, we got the best
revenge of all. Her show tanked.

Anyway, my point is, if you don't like a show or a song or a movie, don't
see it. Vote with your dollars. But even more importantly, don't look to
the money-driven media to fill you with your morals. You have to bring
your own knife and fork to the table, if you know what I mean. Don't look
for 'em to be supplied and then bitch when they don't cut it, so to speak.

My morals/my ethics/my religion are my business. I watch Angel to get a
giggle out of David Boreanaz, not to bemoan the decline of Western
Civilisation. My parents taught me better than that.