another lurking listee speaks

hello all,
  i've been on the list for a while now but the events
of today have inspired me to come out of my cocoon.
the big lovely of the day is that i just received the
last two otr cds i didn't own (till we have faces and
patience, although i'd swiped my friend's cassette of
twhf after the geneva college concert.).  i've
officially spent waaay too much money on otr... i've
only been a fan for a bit past a year, and in that
time i've bought all the cds and caught 2 shows
(ahhh.... the odeon concert was breathtaking.)  my otr
discovery was by chance; the campus bookstore had gdbd
hooked up to the cd listening center, and i heard the
first 30 seconds of latter days and immediately bought
the cd, knowing i'd found my favorite band.  i'm doing
my best to spread the word... i'm assistant editing a
feminist women's magazine which features a review of
ffr.
  aside from the thrill of listening to patience for
the first time,  today has just been a poetry
explosion.  i spent the morning teaching poetry
writing to fifth graders (you'd be amazed at the sorts
of things children come up with.)  and then i read all
your haikus and i just couldn't lurk any longer.  i
just really enjoy you all, which isn't surprising
since i've realized that folks who dig otr are
generally delightful, thinking people.   so hello,
thank you for your haikus, and for making my day even
more precious.
-=honey=-
ps i am hoping to swing down for the dayton show....
we'll see.