Saturday LA show

It was my first...

The Venue was changed.  Moving from the smaller Knitting Factory to the
large and, as Linford said,  "boomy", American Legion Hall.

Rose was wonderful.  Disarming, charming, and at times haunting.
Her guitarist "Goody" reminds me of the guy who played for American Music
Club back in the day (I think his name was actually Vudi-or something like
that).  People were absolutely still and quiet when she finished singing...

OTR was excellent.  I only regret that I didn't know the older songs enough
to sing along.  The seating was great.  You could see the stage from
everywhere.  "Not a bad seat in the house".

Anyways...the only thing that sucked was the mix of Karin's vocals.  They
were lost in the "boominess" of the room.  She still cut through (not in a
bad way), but I wanted to hear her as clearly as I had heard Rose.  Oh,
well.

anyways...it sounded like they'd had a rough night.  The tour bus broke down
in San Francisco and they had to scramble to get enough vans to make it to
the show.  Most of the merchandise didn't make it.  I really wanted to get
one of those sweet posters...ahhh...so is life.  I didn't really care for
the little promotional postcards, but I'm guessing they didn't design those.
(Anyone know?)

For anyone at the show...my wife, my brother in law, and I all sat on the
right side front in the back row (which only went three or four rows back).

Ok.  That's it.  I'm sure this review is lacking all the important
things...but that's all I've got for now.

Running like a deep, deep river,

Steve Guiles
OTR first timer