Re: Best Albums

<< If somebody had to recommend an album other than FfR
 or gdbd, what would it be and why ? >>

   Some may say Patience (which is great), but I'd have to go with Eve. It's
dark and mysterious and even semi-loud (for OTR anyway). It's nowhere near as
polished as their last several albums, but it has such great songs like
Birds, Sleep Baby Jane, Melancholy Room, My Love Is A Fever, ect.

Darkest Night of the Year is REALLY good also. If you own one Christmas
album, this should be it. In my humble opinion, your collection is incomplete
without it.

Which of Gillian Welch's CD's are better, Hell Among the Yearlings, or her
debut? I really like the track I'm not afraid to die off hell among
yearlings.....does the whole CD have that gospel sound or not?

And what opinions do you have of Leslie Phillips? How would you describe her
voice?

Lastly, I saw an ad for a band called Kings of Convenience...their album is
Silence is the Loudest Sound (or something to that effect)....they were
recommended to fans of Nick Drake...I haven't heard them, but they sound
interesting....

Brittney

np: "Blue" Joni Mitchell