The word is spreading like wild fire!

Hey all!  It's Jessica :-)

Remember how I said I wrote about OTR on my Nat website?  Well, here's something I just read on their digest...

Message: 4
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2001 11:40:58 EDT
From: NatM10k at aol_com
Subject: "Over the Rhine"could restore my faith (was Re: Missing NAM)

<Sandoval of Mazzy Star.  They have a website where there's a section of MP3's
to enjoy in case anyone's interested.  It's as follows:  www.overtherhine.com
They can also be found on Napster.  (Shhh!)>>

OK, so I simply couldn't resist the temptation to dig around Napster for
them.  I just wanted to add my 2¢ here.  I downloaded their song (from Good
Dog Bad Dog) called "Jack's Valentine" on ol' Nappyville.  WOW.  I'm willing
to bet that this song is different from their usual (it's very bluesy, and a
man sings/talks with the woman being only in the chorus).  Another download
(which is happening as I type) ought to answer that question. ;)

They're a good band....a *really* good one, IMO.  Let me be pro-Napster
posterchild here by saying I am definitely going to buy their album(s) now
that I've heard some of their stuff.  It's been a long time (sans David Gray
recently) since I've heard a band/artist that can move me the way 10,000
Maniacs did when I first heard them.  Ahhh, all hope is not lost.  Go listen,
my NAM buddies. :)

Carrie

P.S.  I've now heard part of their song 'Everyman's Daughter'.  Maybe it's
just me, but she (Karin?) sounded a lot like Jann Arden....at least there.
 As weird as *this* will sound, certain parts sound like a perfect mix
between Jann Arden and Alanis Morissette (go figure..LOL).  The guitar chords
of this song made me think immediately of Tracy Chapman.  But yeah, I can
hear Cowboy Junkies in there.  Puhhh....so much for my "P.S." attempt to pin
point a sound for you guys.

[This message contained attachments]