Re: suggestions, please...

--- Don Smith <dasmith at rotse2_physics.lsa.umich.edu>
wrote:

> What would I recommend?  Hmmm... I was very struck
> by _A Winter's Tale_ by Mark
> Helprin.  It's a sort of a history of 20th Century
> New York City, but in a
> world that borders on the fantastic

I bought this book about years ago or so.  I read
about a third of it and never finished it.  Trouble
is, there are still these magical mystical images from
that book floating around in my brain.  I keep saying
I need to read it again.  I think I may actually still
have the book.  Now that you've mentioned it, I know
I'll have to read it again.  Maybe that will be my
spring break at the beach book.

Last night I picked up 'The Mysteries of Pittsburgh'
by Michael Chabon, who also wrote 'Wonder Boys'.  The
first two chapters are pretty catchy.

Kelvin

=====
"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy that sustained him during temporary periods of joy."
                               -- W.B. Yeats