Re: suggestions, please...

--- Kelvin Bailey <prestokelvo at yahoo_com> wrote:

> I just finished "A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering
> Genius."  I was amazed.  I know I need to be
> careful,
> but there were times when the "experience" of
> reading
> AHWOSG was much like the experience of reading "On
> the
> Road."  The point wasn't the story or the characters
> or anything I might carry away from it, as much as
> it
> was the act of reading it.  Very wierd.  Very
> subjective.
> A friend or two commented on the "postmodern book" I
> was reading, but the fact is that it was at the same
> time a bit postmodern and very critical of
> postmodernism.
> I recommend it.

Quite the odd read AHWOSG was. Odd, yet enjoyable.

I recently bought the paperback version of it despite
already owning the hardback one. It was interesting to
read the corrections that Dave Eggers would have made
in the first edition if given the opportunity.

The collectible covers swayed my decision too. I'm a
sucker for marketing ploys.

Judy