Re: Little Brothers Show

Thurman said:

> i was there.  been busy trying to find a place to live
> (long story) so haven't had a whole lot of time to put
> together an adequate review of the show.  quick shot:
>
> concert itself:  A+
> circumstances around it:  C-
>
> i'll have to send a review later, but could someone
> please tell me when OTR fans in columbus became some
> of the rudest i've ever experienced?  there was loud
> talking all through the concert.  was bad enough when
> rose was playing, but was inexcusable while OTR
> played. my feeling:  if you want to talk with your
> friends while listening to OTR, put on the cd and
> knock yourself out somewhere else.

I don't think that everyone at Little Brothers on Sunday night could be
qualified as an OtR "fan." I was surprised to see a few people I knew there,
ask them if they'd seen Over the Rhine before and hear a response of..."no,
but it sounded interesting"  or "my friend said I should check them out."
Anyway, there were a lot of people there who were hearing the music for the
first time and were mostly in the back drinking.

Where in the venue were you standing, Thurman?

> of course, maybe being made to stand out in the cold
> made me a little grumpy . . .

Hmm...they let me right in. Were you there before 8pm?