Re: More FfR thoughts

<i love the red, too,>

I'm surprised no one had asked the "who" question--as in Who is actually in
the jacket?

Funny, I pride myself (sometimes) on my perception of the unperceived, and I
didn't really notice that the right arm was colored red.  It just looked
like part of the sleeve to me.  Now that I see it and see how huge it is, I
have to wonder if it wasn't intentional.

I have been purposely holding off on writing any reviews of the disc-haven't
been reading them either-due to my dislike of the sound upon first listen
and then the subsequent change I've went through after each listen since.  I
would estimate I've heard the entire disc now about 50 or so times since
receiving it in the mail and my opinion has changed on almost 80% of the
stuff on there.  I could break it down per song.

The world...  Didn't grab me by the collar--still doesn't.  I'm having
trouble with K singing so low--it seems wierd.  It just seems that old
Bergquist touch is not there on this one--you know the emotion dripping
wetly from each word--the intro verses almost seem a bit monotone to
me--which I *know* is just a vocal style she's playing with btw.

If nothing else--  Beautiful yet still a clean break from the concert
version and what I've grown used to--I do like the song.

Strength... As someone who just picked up _No Angel_ two weeks before
receiving FFR, I was smacked in the face with the similar vox--this song
also has a different feel than the others--lyrically, it does fit, but it
just seems to have a different feel.

Fairpoint... average otr song--fav lyric "it took me twenty some odd years
to see I'd been born blind"

Heaven... at first listen i HATED IT!  now I just mostly crave it at all
hours of the day.  It contains one of my favourite words--satellite.

Little blue... I have better bootleg versions than this--although I do
appreciate the ffr "produced" version too.

Goodbye... the new version with the parenthetical subtitle--Hey linford, you
can keep this one---I will cherish my 10 plus bootlegs of the old Goodbye
until the day I die.  I really prefer the demo version to this song.  ffr
has been robbed of allthe song's power--man the strength of that old false
ending and then Karin and Terri blasting back in with those ay-i-aye's--I'm
getting goosebumps just hearing it in my head!!!!

Whatever you say... constantly my favourite, second favourite--ever
switching...Oh my--that organ and those drums/geetars that come in at the
last verse--I think I'm going to pass out each time I hear
it--and ------gasp--------when Karin says "now baby" at the end of the
first, I just lose it every time---oh karin...

The body..love it--very well put together and I finally got the ending which
never downloaded every single time I got it from the web...

Moth.. Linford says that this version kicks the asr version's ass and it
took a listen to the old version to prove it to me.  I always thought it
sounded like the time had been increased just a tad and Karin was trying to
catch up.  But as I said--once I listened to the older one it then seemed to
drag... go figure.

When I go...All I can say here is Thank you Ms. Bergquist.  I have always
loved your writing--you seem to know best what you should be singing. In
retrospect, it seems that there has been one song from each release that
will not let go of that place it holds in my heart--I never really knew it
until ffr came out and I went back and looked at each recording.  I know
that the otr experience would not be the same to me without such songs as
Cast Me Away, Rhapsodie, Anyway, Poughkeepsie--it just all means that,
Karin, we need that loooong awaited solo album...  :)

and I didn't think I had another long post left in me!

M-