RE: More FfR thoughts

> Eric warned me that the design would be different from the
> typical OtR albums
> to date, so I wasn't completely surprised by the new look to
> the album.  All in
> all, I thought the new art design was appropriate to the
> overall direction of
> the piece: a certain elegance remained consistent, but there
> was a new feel to
> it.  I love the composition of the cover photo: the red is
> striking, and the
> balance between the dark shadows on the one side and the
> bright glimpse of skin
> on the other really draws the eye into the subject.

Is anyone else bothered by the lack of pictures of anyone else besides L&K?
Maybe I'm just in denial over the fact that OTR is no longer a band and just
a duo. I would think they'd at least have some more pictures with Jack, as
he's a fairly permanent part of the band. Even if OTR is an evolving
"project" type of group, whoever the current members are should get *some*
recognition. The last few Squeeze albums, for instance, have featured
completely different lineups, except of course for Glen and Chris, but all
of the musicians were given pictures in the liner notes. I just like to
think of bands as a group of musicians who *all* participate in and are
recognized for the creative process.

Longing for "the old days" I guess,
dave