Little Brothers Show

After years of lurking around the archives, I finally joined the list...About time, too!  I've been an OTR fan for at least four years, and they have slowly and surely climbed my private charts to be just about the only band I would drive a considerable distance to see. Fortunately I live in Columbus so they pass through here fairly often.

For a while, though, I had the worst luck with OTR concerts. I tried to see them at Bernie's on campus one night, and I left because they said the concert was cancelled. (They showed up around 2am, I heard later.) Then I drove to Canal Street in Daytonto see them last fall, and one of my friends forgot her ID so we couldn't get in!...grrrr.

I finally saw them on the December tour at Little Brothers (which was beyond words...) and I saw them last night too at Little Brothers.
I've turned into a slambang OTR recruiter; I dragged my little brother along to this show, even though all he'd heard of them were a few tracks off Patience.  Those were way too mellow and quiet for his taste, so he wasn't expecting much. We had wait until almost 11 pm for the concert to start, too, and he and my other friends were getting pretty bored. I don't know what the hangup was, but it just was altogether too long... Finally the band took the stage, pumped into The World Can Wait, and the evening lit up with that sexy, smoky vibe. Well. You should have seen my brother's jaw drop. He leaned over and said, "You didn't tell me they were like this!" The birth of another convert.

The show was pure nirvana. Once again, I just don't have words. They transcend all that. There was a tremendous energy behind every song; Dale (6pence is my other object of obsession) Baker's beats were just groovy....

The set list:

The World Can Wait
If Nothing Else
All I Need is Everything
Fairpoint Diary
I Radio Heaven
Little Blue River
Birds
Moth
Anything
Smoke in My Eyes
Sleep Baby Jane
Faithfully Dangerous
My Love is a Fever
Goodbye

The Body is a Stairway of Skin
Give Me Strength (Walking across your heart...)

Latter Days