Re: Cookies on sale, Isle 4....

--- Ysobelle at aol_com wrote:

> Unrelatedly-- well, no-- it IS sorta related cos
> "Give Me Strength"
> reminds me that humans do have hairs along their
> spines still, haven't
> evolved far enough away from the primates yet and
> listening to that song
> sorta makes me feel like a cerebral lemur-- does
> anyone know where/if
> Dido actually recorded GMS?

I was wondering the same thing, and if Karin listened
to the original enough, did her "vocal stylings"  pick
up a hint of Ms. Armstrong, as others have suggested?
I personally haven't heard enough Dido to know.  When
I hear GMS, I hear Karin and that distinctive voice.
Another side note:  is the similarity a tribute or
just a coincidence.  If Karin even listen to any Dido,
and knows GMS is her song, it might influence her
(Karin's) portrayal of the song subconciously or not.

Maybe I'm just thinking aloud too much.

Sarah