Re: Healthy agnosticism

In a message dated 3/23/01 8:11:33 PM Central Standard Time,
dasmith at rotse2_physics.lsa.umich.edu writes:

<< it's important to remember
 that there is a difference between the object and our perceptions of it, and
in
 the case of God, where there is no objective, universal, *data* to which we
can
 point, we have to be doubly careful about our personal subjective biases >>

   Ah, but there is universal objective data on God. I see perhaps you don't
believe there is and from you POV I would concede that yea, there is no way
to truly know this mystery God. But I don't think he left us floundering
totally in the dark, so to speak. He revealed himself to us through the many
people that wrote what became the Bible and there,finally,  through Jesus
Himself . Perhaps the Bible isn't without its flaws (I'm not convinced it is)
but unless one says the entire thing is only man reaching up to God not at
all God reaching down to man there IS something objective there for us to lay
hold of. A reference point outside us. While we may not be able to fully
understand it, hence all the different views among Christendon, objective
truth is there to discover about Him.