-----Original Message-----
From: owner-over-the-rhine at actwin_com
[mailto:owner-over-the-rhine at actwin_com]On Behalf Of Jacob Mishler
Sent: Tuesday, March 20, 2001 10:52 AM
To: Over-the-Rhine at actwin_com
Subject: finally!

Finally, FfR has arrived.  Currently Karin is
emphatically wondering "will it make a difference?"
she wants to know.  i know what she means.
her voice continues to drip with such instant emotion
and i'm still amazed.

two songs with drum machines! wow. i can't believe
none of you mentioned this in the glut of reviews i've
been reading on this list (or maybe i missed it).  but
i'm glad for not having known.  it would undoubtedly
have made me a bit suspicious of the entire album.  as
it is, the songs were able to sort of sneak up on me
and before i realized what was going on they'd already
won me over.

highlights after a couple listens:
If Nothing Else
Fairpoint
I Radio Heaven
Little Blue River/In the Garden
Goodbye
Moth
When I Go

I'm fairly certain the others will begin to speak to
me over time.

Jay