Re: words left unsaid

Hello!!

I was one of the lucky ones to receive FFR the 14th, yeah!!  So I've had a
good 5 days or so to review it, but it's funny because after the first couple
of days of listening to it, I had to put it away for awhile.  I know that
sounds crazy, but I actually got depressed!!  I don't know if anyone
remembers the post a LONG while ago about someone, (I don't remember who,
Samantha maybe?) said that she as a musician "wonders if picking up that
microphone is worth it if I can not ellicit the same response from my
audience. it's as though the music climbs inside you and pours it's emotion
into yours, making it almost too rich to endure, yet you remain transfixed."

That's exactly how I would describe how I was feeling.  It's almost like it
was just too much for me to take in, or to handle at one time.

Especially "If Nothing Else," it couldn't of come at a better time in my
life, dealing with so many questions... frustrations.... unfulfilled dreams.

"If nothing else, I can dream..."

And it gave me hope amidst  it all, a true blessing, moving me to tears.

So after all this carnival of emotions, I was able to re-visit the album and
actually hear the fun side of it, and is it ever fun!  I really love "I Radio
Heaven" and after all the talk of  "Little Blue River:" and "Fairpoint Diary"
it was good to finally hear them! (Does Karin really play a toy piano in the
latter, like a really tiny one?)  "The World Can Wait" totally reminded me of
Tori's live version of "Cruel" (think that's the one...)
"When I go" is simply amazing...

The album itself is absolutely beautiful me, among all the others. (GDBD is
still the closest to my heart...)  I thank God for Over the Rhine everyday...
It's kind of like when You become a Christian and you want to share God with
the whole world, everyone you meet, that's how I feel with OtR... they
inspire me beyond words, so that everyone I meet just has to hear a song or
two...

So there's my extremely pessimistic review...

But I know you are all good listeners and lovely people. *smile*
I really enjoy reading all the posts, and wonder about the people behind
them, 'cus I know it's very unlikely that I'll ever meet any of you...

Unless anyone is going to the Seattle show?

Not letting go of God, just losing my grip...

Keisha