wide eyed wonder band

wonderful wonderful album this is- can i quit both my jobs and just listen
to this all day long?  please?

i can't possible review this any better than the rest of you- i just want to
add a little side note of wow that track 9 'body is a stairway of skin' sure
sounds a heck of a lot like portishead.  (ah, portishead..)  i thought as
much, then later on when i drug my good friend michaelanne out for a long
drive to experience things for herself, and we reached track 9- well there
hadn't been two bars before she just sorta shook out of her bleary-eyed
immersed-in-wonderment daze to smack me on the arm and say 'portishead!'
yeah, i thought so too, michaelanne.

and i'm jealous as- well.  awfully gosh darn jealous of mister
i-got-picked-out-of-the-crowd-by-karin-and-got-to-talk-to-them-after-the-show.
  :(  just gloating, are we?  or are we really telling the story of the
concert to inform and edify our fellow li/ostees?  yeah, gloating.  i
thought so.

melanie
(hanging around in the lost and found)