Re: Radio Broadcast on 97x

I was listening too and it was a good interview/performance.
I think they played "If Nothing Else" instead of/in addition to
"I Can Dream" (I tuned out as they started If Nothing...).
"Give Me Strength" sounded much different vocally from the album
version.  I wonder if they Dido'd Karin's voice in studio.
K & L said how they would want to work with Neil Young if they
could and talked a little about the X-Files that they were spoofed
in a few years back.
They also talked about the differences between IRS and Virgin/Backporch
(more resources, indie label feel), how they get upwards of 40,000
hits/month on the web site, and how important the underground
core base of fans was important to keeping them going the past
few years.
They sounded really happy/grateful they were getting play on
97X and that "Give Me Strength" is topping the ppl's choice poll
for the station.  So keep calling/emailing in to request.

that's all I can remember without straining myself,

Ron

Jess Castillo wrote:

Hi all!

Was anyone else so lucky to catch OTR on 97X this morning?  They sang three songs acousticly from FFR.  "I Can Dream", "Give Me Strength", and "Fairpoint Diary".  Lets just say they were perfect as usual.  I swear, I've seen many people live, but never have I heard a band sound so true to their recorded sound.  Usually you get a CD thats doctored up and when you hear them live you're like--'Hmm thats different!'  But you can always count on Karens voice being genuine.  That to me is talent!  And Linford!  I don't have the solo piano album just yet, but I will very soon!  His playing whether it be piano or guitar just sends me to a nice hot bubble bath with candles and a glass of wine.  Bye for now!  See you at Bogarts!  -- Jessica

Do You Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Auctions - Buy the things you want at great prices!