bad day for music

(ok, last post for tonight...)

http://dailynews.yahoo.com/fc/tech/Digital_Music/

napster was been forced to stop its trading
of copyrighted material.  this ticks me off.
i'm totally pro-artist.  i think napster does
more for spreading awareness of artists than
anything.  that's all i think shawn fanning
wanted for the program.  but, of course, the
already too-rich record companies think that
they are getting robbed.  apparently they do
not like the fact that they won't be getting
paid for music that they already stole from
the artist.

i have used napster to get rarities, b-sides,
some live stuff... i have occassionally used
it to get an idea about a group- and usually
always ending up in me purchasing their
shiznit on CD.  i guess i wouldn't mind paying
a nominal fee for using napster, but it might
depend on what some big corporate boredroom
ecision on what "nominal" means.  i don't
think i'd get my money's worth for $19.95/mo.
i'd need a T3.

at least i finally completed my jurassic 5
bsides/rarities cd yesterday... but now how
am i gonna get that triple-bill phil collins,
twiggy ramirez and dolores o'riordan "flag
day 1993" concert on CD?

bummed,
Dan

np: elliott smith - either/or

+- Dan Temmesfeld  -  dtemm at yahoo_com -+
 life is so much cleaner on the page...
+-            (chroma key)            -+