Re: Re: more fun for all ages with touchy subjects

--- Ysobelle at aol_com wrote:

> As for who "created" music, Kelvin, my love, I hope
> you're not trying to
> say it was white people. The most recent schools of
> though about human
> evolution seem to point to modern man coming out of
> Africa, up into
> Europe, across the Bering Straits, then down into
> North America.
> Australia and Australasia were in there somewhere,
> too, but don't ask
> me-- I slept through that class. And along the way,
> along with the furs
> and the knives and the smelly kids, I'm sure they
> had a few songs.

No, I'm not trying to say that at all.  My
understanding of music is that it existed before white
people or black people existed.  I think most people
then were sort of a mideastern brownish yellow...or
maybe not.
What I am saying is that it would be wrong to credit
black musicians with "inventing" modern music.
Or at least I think that's what I was trying to say...

Feeling strangely fine...

Kelvin

=====
"The pleasure of obedience is pretty thin compared to the pleasure of hearing a rotten tomato hit someone in the rear end."     --  Garrison Keillor