Re: Commercial

In a message dated 2/12/01 4:04:50 AM Eastern Standard Time,
Owner-Over-The-Rhine at actwin_com writes:

<< 19:02:13 -0600
 From: "jillian tully" <waytogojane at hotmail_com>
 Subject: radio friendly

 i can understand why some people might bite their lip and get a worried look
 upon hearing the phrase "more radio-friendly"...it's definitely how i'm
 feeling as i anticipate the new 6p record. sure, i've heard the songs and i
 think most of them are lovely, but after becoming this seemingly throwaway
 hit single band, following that up while maintaining a fanbase (other than
 the die-hards) and *without* sacrificing your art has to be hard.

I know the whole list has jumped in on this issue, but please bear another
opinion.
I haven't heard the album yet, but I am positive OTR is not obsessed with
being this years' flavor (like Sisqo, ect.) Just by glancing at the titles of
the new songs gives me the impression they are going to have the same vision
for their music that they always have. I mean, not many bands desperate for
huge commercial success are going to have a song called "The Body is a
stairway of skin'. I think that the same poetic integrity that was found on
Patience, GDBD, ect. will be here on Films For Radio. I for one look forward
to it, and I hope it sells like crazy.

I too am eagerly awaiting the new Sixpence record. It will be tough to follow
up Kiss Me. But from what I have heard the band has grown...A LOT. Their
seems to be more intricate finger picking and more sonic textures to the
music. They may never replicate the success of "Kiss Me". But they had no
idea that would be such a hit. I think Sixpence is going to have that same
integrity and vision that they have always had. And, if some people think it
sounds too "pop", then I encourage them to check out Sixpence's influences,
such as the Beatles, XTC, U2,ect. I believe those could be clasified as pop.
I hope they have tremendous success as well.

That's my take on it....

Brittney