Re: New subject

In a message dated Tue, 6 Feb 2001  9:53:35 PM Eastern Standard Time, Tina Ladner <unbornbuddha at yahoo_com> writes:

<<  i
see over the rhine as a spiritual band, but not a
religious one.

I'm with you on that one, sistah.

what makes something spiritual vs religious?

Well, I certainly don't think they're mutually exclusive. But definition-wise, I believe religion is an organised way of praying, and a doctrine associated with observing spiritual and cultural beliefs, usually as part of a community. Spiritual, on the other hand, is the basic component thereof: the more intangible, human, indefinable soul-ar engine that drives the whole train.

But I could be wrong.

 does the
desire and ability to argue impede true spiritual
growth?

No, but it does require a certain amount of libation and snackies if you're gonna get anywhere.

flail away.

Oh, I've been doing THAT for a while. Red Queen, at your service.