Re: Over-The-Rhine Digest V3 #412

Kate signed off:
>"I guess a cup is only useful for the hollow of it's
>shape. The brokenness in me is the need that holds
>your grace."

The most beautiful thing I've read in quite a while...
who wrote it?

HEIL BAILEY!
To Kelvin, somewhere in the Third Reich of music:
Sorry about the late reply, I've been terribly sick
and just read your thoughtful last reply regarding
Eminem.  First of all, I think I inferred your disdain
for all things hip-hop based on some sarcastic remarks
in your initial reply.  I guess I'm reading too
literally.  As far as the word "genius", I am throwing
it around loosely - certainly I don't compare Eminem
to a Beethoven or even a Bono - I only mean he is very
talented within his arena.  He's changed the face of
hip-hop, for better or for worse (or for most of us on
this list, for neutral) and IMHO, that means he's
cutting-edge.  The truth is ninety percent of the rap
music out there does nothing for me (read: I don't
"get it"), however, I try to keep my ears open to new
talent, no matter what the genre.  Does that make me
obsequious to the pop culture?  I don't think so.

Jay