Re: bands... (Dryve)

--- Kelvin Bailey <prestokelvo at yahoo_com> wrote:
> That's understandable.  However, some of the best
> music I own is from those one-hit-wonder bands.  Does
> anybody remember the band Dryve or the Borrowers?

I remember Dryve.... Loved their debut on 5MW records. I
especially loved how the bridge to the song "Television"
broke down to the same melodic/chord progression as the
Cure's "Love Song". Nobody but me, seemingly, noticed this.
And by the time I finally got to talk to some of the band
members at Cornerstone 97 or 98 and point it out to them,
they were already on the verge of breaking up. I still think
it's a neat musical trick, though. And everytime I play the
song, I always sing "and I will always love you" during that
part of the song.

=====
Bradley S. Caviness, Bigwig
Bigwig Enterprises

“There can be no understanding between the hands and the brain unless the heart acts as mediator.”
- Fritz Lang's "Metropolis"