Re: bands...

Well, I'm glad to hear that Chasing Furies didn't break up.  Though I
don't own their c.d. (yet -- I know, I'm slow), I did catch their
show at Cornerstone Festival 2 years ago and was adequately
impressed.  I'm very interested in seeing where they take it, since
I'm normally more interested in an artist with a consistant catalogue
of music than buying a one-hit-wonder c.d., if you know what I mean.

Speaking of consistant catalogues, does anyone know when FILMS FOR
RADIO is supposedly due out -- or at least tentatively?  I'm REALLY
excited about it -- that's for sure.

Personally, I've not been listening to a lot of rock music recently
other than King Crimson's DECEPTION OF THE THRUSH, the Zombies
ODESSEY AND ORACLE, and Badfinger's newest BEST OF compilation.
What's primarily been main-stay in my c.d. player as of late are 2 of
the "holy minimalists";  Arvo Part's PASSIO, KANON POKAJANEN,
LITANY, & ALINA, and Henryk Gorecki's THIRD SYMPHONY.  My next
purchase will be John Tavener's INNOCENCE.

By the way, I don't know when my permanently-in-progress e.p. will be
finished, but we're working on beginning mixes of a few of the tunes
in early February, if all goes well.  It'll be released under the
name Set on Edge as A STORY TO CLING TO.

amen,

mr. shannon lee lewis
SLEWIS at libris_libs.uga.edu
http://www.wdausa.org/   (WDA)