Re: CD recomm... / john & fleming (from fleming and john)

Keisha wrote:
> Here's some stuff I can't live without...
>
> Fleming & John (my favorite is "Delusions
> of Grandeur")

F&J rocks... their first, "delusions of grandeur,"
is unparalleled.  their follow-up, "the way we
are," was good, too; but it lacked the raw sound i
loved on "delusions."  the song "a place called
love" is one of my fav songs of all-time...

they have also collaborated with ben folds five a
lot.  john mark painter does a lot of ben's string
and horn arrangements.  i saw F&J open up for BFF
twice- good shows*.  plus, both john and fleming
help out on ben's solo "fear of pop: vol 1" album.

(*)- personally, though, i dug jude as an BFF
opener more... jude's got great music.

oh, i just thought of some other recommendations:
  - F&J
  - sarah masen
  - sarah jahn
  - chasing furies

all similar and all different.

pocket full of shells,
Dan

np: dog named david - world traveller

+- Dan Temmesfeld  -  dtemm at yahoo_com -+
 life is so much cleaner on the page...
+-            (chroma key)            -+