Re: ebullient reviews

--- wee miss jillian <waytogojane at hotmail_com> wrote:
> Hmmm...rather interesting concept, innit? Could be
> true...or it could be that folks who tend to write in such

> a way are drawn to OtR's music either overtly or
> subliminally...? Y'know, they write flowery, adjective-
> laden prose and therefore the lyrical stylings of OtR
> appeal to them.

As a person who's written published reviews for both EVE and
GDBD in the past, I can say, when writing those reviews, I
was drawn to use more ebullient language than I use for
reviews of joe blow garage. The artistry of OtR's music
presents a challenge to amateur critics like myself to
sufficiently describe their music. And the excitement over
the band's level of creativity can lead even a stallwart
critic to try and match the tone of the albums with reviews
that make use of metaphor and allegory.

=====
Bradley S. Caviness, Bigwig
Bigwig Enterprises

“There can be no understanding between the hands and the brain unless the heart acts as mediator.”
- Fritz Lang's "Metropolis"