Re: sea and sky excluded...

> I'm searching for songs involving boats, ships, pirates.  "sitting on
> the dock of the bay" and "sail away" are about all that comes to my
> mind.  help?  please?

Oh, boy!

How about "Sailing away" by Tom Waits (on _Small Change_ if I remember
correctly)?  "South Australia" (an old folk song/sea chanty but performed
recently by Gaelic Storm (the "party band" from _Titanic_))?  Any one of
several tracks from Great Big Sea's album _Rant and Roar_, although you'll be
hard-pressed to find it if you don't live in the Great Northeast somewhere
(they're Newfoundlanders; go figure)?

That's all I can come up with right now.

Have fun!
Raven